Make a Wig Difference
See below for materials and tips for making the most of your Wig Wednesday! Remember to have fun while you fundraise to support Kiwi kids with cancer.
- Wig Wednesday Flyer – get the word out there
- Schools Wig Wednesday Guide – your quick guide to getting wiggy with us.
- School Fundraising Ideas – really want to get wiggy with it? check out our fundraising ideas.
- School Lesson Plan – talk to your class about what Wig Wednesday is all about and get them excited to join in.
- Suggested Newsletter Copy – include an update in your school newsletter
- Wig Templates – don’t have a wig or can’t find what your looking for? Get creative decorating these D.I.Y. wigs.
- Wig Wednesday Quiz & Quiz Answers – hold a wig quiz and test your wig knowledge. Charge a fee per team to fundraise.
- Wig Wednesday Social Media Image – Share your Wig Wednesday plans on Social Media channels.
- We’re wearing our Wigs Facebook cover – Show your support for Wig Wednesday on your Facebook page.
- Wig Wednesday Email Banner – Add our 600 x 280 72 dpi banner image to your schools email signature.
Posters – Get excited and let everyone know you’re participating by displaying these around your school.
- ‘Wigs On’ A3 Poster
- ‘Wigs On’ A4 Poster
- ‘We’re Wearing Wigs A3 Poster
- ‘We’re Wearing Wigs A4 Poster
- ‘What We’re Doing A3 Poster
- ‘What We’re Doing A4 Poster– Fill in the blank space to let everyone know what activities you’ve got planned for the big day
Big Wig – Get everyone on board the Big Wig Challenge. Add a photo of your Big Wig and lock-in their support
Payment Details – After Wig Wednesday, don’t forget to send us your generous donations. Payment information is included in your pack and you can choose to deposit your donation either online or at the bank.
- Banking Form WW – Schools – follow the instructions on our banking information form to complete your donation.
- Donate Online – Make a SINGLE payment online to Child Cancer Foundation. Please use your MOE number and school name as a reference
Step 1 – Get excited
- Take a look at our fundraising ideas sheet for inspiration on what to do on the day
- Make a plan on how you will fundraise at your school
- Set a fundraising target
Step 2 – Spread the word
- Display your posters around the school (Fill in the blank space on the ‘What We’re Doing’ poster to let everyone know what activities you’ve got planned for the big day)
- Tell everyone about Wig Wednesday at your next assembly & mark Wednesday 19th June in the school diary/events calendar
- Include an update on Wig Wednesday in your school newsletter (check out the Suggested Newsletter Copy included for inspiration)
- Check out the materials section above for additional resources
- Tell students about the Kiwi kids they’ll be supporting when they wear a wig
Step 3 – Friday (14 June) before Wig Wednesday
- Remind everyone what you have planned for Wig Wednesday and to get their wig ready (purchased, borrowed or handmade)
Wednesday 19 June – It’s Wig Wednesday
Get wiggy with it & collect donations for Child Cancer Foundation!
- Have fun wearing your wig with pride on the way to school, at assembly, for one class or the whole day
- Hold a wig parade so everyone can show off their wigs and decide on their favourite
- Have categories for the best wig theme (i.e. jungle hair), most creative wig, funniest wig, anything you can think of (see printable reward certificates above for winners)
- Enjoy the day and capture all the wig wearing moments – include #WigWednesday and tag @childcancerfoundation on any photos you upload
Make a Wig Difference!
- Say a big THANK YOU to everyone who participated and let everyone know how much was raised
- Send your donations to Child Cancer Foundation (see banking information provided)