RESOURCES FOR 2019 WILL BE UPDATED SOON
Materials and tips for making the most of your Wig Wednesday!
Make a Wig Difference
After Wig Wednesday, don’t forget to send us your generous donations. Payment information is included in your pack and you can choose to deposit your donation either online or at the bank.
- Banking Form WW – Schools 2019 – follow the instructions on our banking information form to complete your donation.
Online Donation option will be available via this microsite from Wednesday 20th June.
Remember the goal is to fundraise to support Kiwi kids with cancer. Choose one of our activity ideas or create your own!
- Schools Wig Wed Guide 2019 – your quick guide to getting wiggy with us.
- School Fundraising Ideas 2019 – really want to get wiggy with it? check out our fundraising ideas.
- Wig Templates 2019 – Get creative decorating these D.I.Y. wigs.
- Wig Wednesday Quiz & Quiz Answers – hold a wig quiz and test your wig knowledge. Charge a fee per team to fundraise.
Get excited and let everyone know you’re participating by displaying these around your school.
- ‘Wigs On’ A3 Poster 2019
- ‘Wigs On’ A4 Poster 2019
- ‘We’re Wearing Wigs A3 Poster 2019
- ‘We’re Wearing Wigs A4 Poster 2019
Fill in the blank space to let everyone know what activities you’ve got planned for the big day
Big Wig – Get everyone on board the Big Wig Challenge. Add a photo of your Big Wig and lock-in their support
2-3 Weeks Out: Lock it in!
Tell everyone about Wig Wednesday at your assembly and mark Wednesday 19 June in the diary.
- Schools Template Newsletter Copy – create an update to include in your school newsletter or on your intranet. Let everyone know why Wig Wednesday is so important and how easy it is to take part!
- Wig Wednesday email banner – Add our 600 x 280 72 dpi banner image to your email signature.
- Wig Wednesday Social Media Image – Help us spread the word about Wig Wednesday. Share information about how your Wig Wednesday plans on Social Media channels.
Check out our suggested copy below:
- We’re wearing wigs on June 20 to fundraise for Kiwi kids with cancer. Find out how you can get involved at wigwednesday.org.nz #WigWednesday
- We’re getting wiggy on June 20 to fundraise for Child Cancer Foundation. Find out more at wigwednesday.org.nz #WigWednesday
- On June 20, [insert School name] will be taking part in Wig Wednesday to support Child Cancer Foundation and fundraise for Kiwi kids with cancer. Find out more at wigwednesday.org.nz #WigWednesday
Take a look at the proposed Lesson Plan, which aims to help teachers talk to their class about what Wig Wednesday is all about and get them excited to join in!
One Week Out: Got Your Wig?
Remind students (and staff) to wear their wig on Wednesday 20 June and bring a donation for the Child Cancer Foundation. You can also remind them about other fundraising activities you have planned.
- Don’t have a wig or can’t quite find what you want? No problem! We have wig templates available on our website to download, print and colour to make your own (instructions are included on the Lesson Plan)
- We’re wearing our Wigs Facebook cover – Show your support for Wig Wednesday on your Facebook page.
Wednesday 20 June: Time to get Wiggy with us!
Wear your wig all day, or just for a lesson.
- Have a bit more time? Check out our Fundraising Ideas sheet for inspiration. You may want to invite parents along for a wig fashion parade (Teacher and Principal participation optional but encouraged!), or have a prize for the most creative wig.
- Remember to collect those donations!
Show off Your Wig Style
- Take photos throughout the day to share on social media (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram)
- Include #WigWednesday in your posts to join other participating schools, businesses and Kiwis across the country! Don’t forget to tag us in – @ChildCancerFoundationNZ
- You may also want to use photos in your next newsletter and let everyone know how much was raised, and the difference it will make to the lives of children with cancer and their families