Materials and tips for making the most of your Wig Wednesday!
Make a Wig Difference
After Wig Wednesday, don’t forget to send us your generous donations. Payment information is included in your pack and you can choose to deposit your donation either online or at the bank.
- Banking form WW – Schools 2017– follow the instructions on our Banking information form to complete your donation.
Online Donation option will be available via this microsite from Monday 19th June.
Remember the goal is to fundraise for the Child Cancer Foundation, so choose one of our activities or create your own
- Step by Step Guide for Schools – your quick guide to getting wiggy with us.
- Poster Participating – put these up on your noticeboard and around the school.
- Poster Fundraising Blank – let everyone know what you have planned for Wig Wednesday by filling in the blank space on the poster.
- School Fundraising Ideas – want to really get Wiggy with it? Take a look at ideas for activities to do on the day.
- Poster Big Wig – get everyone on board the Big Wig Challenge.
- WW Schools Lesson Plan – tell you students a bit more about the Kiwi kids they will be helping.
- Wig Wednesday Wig Templates – have some D.I.Y. wig fun.
- WW QUIZ & WW QUIZ ANSWERS – hold a wig quiz and test your wig knowledge
2-3 Weeks Out: Lock it in!
Tell everyone about Wig Wednesday at your assembly and mark Wednesday 21 June in the diary
- School Newsletter Template Copy -create an update to include in your school newsletter or on your intranet – let everyone know why Wig Wednesday is so important and how easy it is to take part
- Wig Wednesday email banner – Add our 600 x 300 72 dpi banner image to your email update
Wig Wednesday Post Image – Help us spread the word about Wig Wednesday. Share about your Wig Wednesday involvement across your Social Media channels using are Wig Wednesday Post Image and suggested copy:
- We’re wearing wigs on June 21 to fundraise for Kiwi kids with cancer. Find out how you can get involved at wigwednesday.org.nz #WigWednesday
- We’re getting wiggy on June 21 to fundraise for Child Cancer Foundation. Find out more at wigwednesday.org.nz #WigWednesday
- On June 21, [insert School name] will be taking part in Wig Wednesday to support the Child Cancer Foundation and fundraise for Kiwi kids with cancer. Find out more at wigwednesday.org.nz #WigWednesday
- Take a look at the proposed Lesson Plan, which aims to help teachers talk to their class about what Wig Wednesday is all about and get them excited to join in!
One Week Out: Got Your Wig?
Remind students (and staff) to wear their wig on Wednesday 21 June and bring a donation for the Child Cancer Foundation. You can also remind them about other fundraising activities you have planned.
- Don’t have a wig or can’t quite find what you want? No problem! We have wig templates available on our website to download, print and colour to make your own (instructions are included on the Lesson Plan)
- We’re wearing our Wigs Facebook cover – Show your support for Wig Wednesday on your Facebook page.
Wednesday 21 June: Time to get Wiggy with us!
Wear your wig all day, or just for a lesson.
- Have a bit more time? Check out our Fundraising Ideas sheet for inspiration. You may want to invite parents along for a wig fashion parade (Teacher and Principal participation optional but encouraged!), or have a prize for the most creative wig
- Remember to collect those donations!
Show off Your Wig Style
- Take photos throughout the day to share on social media (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram)
- Include #WigWednesday in your posts to join other participating schools, businesses and Kiwis across the country! Don’t forget to tag us in – @ChildCancerFoundationNZ
- You may also want to use photos in your next newsletter and let everyone know how much was raised, and the difference it will make to the lives of children with cancer and their families