Thank you for showing an interest in Wig Wednesday and fundraising for Child Cancer Foundation. Your thoughtful efforts will be helping New Zealand children with cancer and their families around the country.
When it comes to fundraising, you can be as creative as you like! Below are some popular ideas for how you can fundraise for Child Cancer Foundation as part of Wig Wednesday on 17 June 2020.
Bake or Craft Sale
A simple but effective, bring your home made goodies into school or work to sell and fundraise for Child Cancer Foundation.
Themed Mufti Day
Pick a theme and wear a wig to match! You could dress up as your ultimate supehero, favourite animal or wear your funkiest hair and collect gold coin donations for Child Cancer Foundation.
A kiwi classic! Some suppliers have a charitable allocation so apply in advance for sausages to sell and have fun raising donations for Child Cancer Foundation.
Charity Disco/Social Event/Quiz Night
Sell tickets to a fun school disco night or social club event. Have guests dress up with their most glam hairstyles or wigs and have awards for best hairdo. What a fun way to raise donations for Child Cancer Foundation!
Contribute a percentage of a product or service sales to Child Cancer Foundation for Wig Wednesday. Whether it’s a hair cut and shampoo or something unrelated, all donations raised are appreciated for this great cause.
Set up your own fundraising page, its a simple easy way to fundraise for Child Cancer Foundation.
- Create your fundraising page (via link below)
- Share your fundraising page with colleagues, friends & family to spread the word and collect donations
The BIG WIG challenge
The Big Wig challenge is an audacious way for schools, businesses, and community groups to get behind Wig Wednesday and amplify their fundraising. It’s an easy concept:
- Set a fundraising target
- Nominate a “BIG WIG” (want to see the boss or principal in a wig? Make it happen!)
- Create your BIG WIG fundraising page (via link below)
- Kick off your challenge by sharing your fundraising page far and wide with your colleagues, friends and families. Ask them to help hit your fundraising target by making a donation through your BIG WIG challenge page.
- When you hit that magic number your “BIG WIG” must complete the challenge – by wearing a wig of your choice, or lopping off their locks!
Don’t forget to take photo’s of your “BIG WIG” to include in your next internal update and let everyone know how much your aiming to raise, and the difference it will make to the lives of children with cancer and their families.
On Wednesday 17 June, join in on all the Wig Wednesday fun. Post your Wig Wednesday pics to your Social Media channels and check out the Child Cancer Foundations Facebook and Instagram feeds. Don’t forget to use the hash tags #wigwednesday, #bigwigchallenge and tag us @childcancerfoundation.